Security in DeviceHive
In DeviceHive we care about keeping things secure and safe.
DeviceHive authentication is secured by JSON Web Tokens (JWT). The key benefits of this approach are:
- Token is stateless and self contained, no need to store on server side;
- Portability - one token can be used with multiple backends;
- Reduce compute and network round time;
- Decentralized, can be generated on the standalone server;
- Configurable expiration date and time;
- Tokens are compact and easy to transmit.
Available actions are listed here.
TLS connectivity for devices and apps communication is provided.
Access for users, networks and devices is role-based.
Please have a look at the charts which illustrate HTTPS and WebSocket secure connection.
You may also check our HTTPS configuration guide.
Updated about 5 years ago